Saturday 11 August 2012

Adventures in decorating...

I mentioned that we did a bit of DIY at home last week...well, it was quite a bit of DIY, really! My parents have really been cracking on with decorating their new house and making it all look amazing since they moved in last November, and the downstairs is now completely finished! So it was time for us to tackle the upstairs rooms...!

Here's what my bedroom looked like halfway through stripping off the hideous 1990s Changing Rooms-style wallpaper border...
...and here's a pic that shows the awful dark-stained plywood 'wardrobe' in the left-hand corner...I know there's furniture in the middle of the room but it was SO DARK...
We started work on the Tuesday afternoon and finished on Thursday evening - my dad and sister did most of it, to be fair! My dad refuses to bodge a job, so where I would just go 'fill the holes, sand the filler, paint the walls', when my dad's involved you have to fill the holes, sand the walls, wash the walls, coat the walls with acrylic bonding stuff, do a 'blinding coat' and then paint the walls. It means the whole thing ends up looking amazing, but it does involve a heck of a lot of work!

Anyway, we (again, I say 'we', but apart from a bit of painting - I'm very good at cutting in - and wallpaper stripping it was mainly Dad and Suze) did all of that, and then the carpet fitters came, and the curtains arrived, and now it looks like this...


Incredible, eh? It's a totally different room! It's so light and fresh and lovely, and it really is a pleasure to wake up in rather than being dark and dirty-looking and dingy. I'm so pleased and quite sad that my bedroom here in London doesn't look as gorgeous!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...