Sunday 15 July 2012

Amazing yogurt and tahini dressing

The other night, I made this aubergine salad for supper and it was lovely - but what was really lovely was the yogurt and tahini dressing that went with it. The amounts in the recipe made a whole jam jar's worth of dressing, so last night I had it with roasted carrots, potatoes and chickpeas and I think it was even nicer having been in the fridge for a couple of days!
It's creamy and garlicky and lemony, and there's quite a kick from the cayenne pepper (I added a good pinch, but you could obviously use as much or as little as you liked) and it's ridiculously easy to make. You can also make it as low-fat as you like by using fat-free yogurt - I actually used some plain soya yogurt that I had in the fridge and it was fab and dairy-free to boot. I reckon it'd be amazing with grilled fish, or any kind of roasted vegetables, or a peppery rocket and watercress salad.

1 comment:

  1. mm, this looks divine! It reminds me of a dish my parents make, so this is definitely something I want to try on my own! I'm really loving your blog and recipes and I'm now following it :)

    If you have a few minutes to spare, I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog and follow it if you'd like! Thus far, most of my posts are food photography because it's something I absolutely love! :)

    Have a great day!

    neha
    neha made

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...