Thursday 28 June 2012

Sexy socks...!

Mmm, lovely...! These are my new compression socks, which I tried out on last night's run. Compression socks are meant to be good for giving extra support to your leg muscles, reducing fatigue, and helping with recovery. I do find that I get tight or tired calves after a run, especially if I've been running on uneven ground, so I thought I'd give them a go, and I have to say I think they worked really well! I ran a very hot and very slow 10 miles last night - the first time I'd attempted anything like that sort of distance for about a month - and my calves didn't feel tight afterwards at all, and this morning I don't seem to have any muscle soreness. So far, so good!

Now I'm just waiting for my new trail shoes to arrive so I can try those out on Saturday's 12-mile off-roader!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...