Tuesday 19 June 2012

Rhubarb and custard cake...

My parents still have tons of rhubarb growing in their garden, so while my dad and I were painting on Saturday afternoon, my mum made a rhubarb and custard cake for that evening's pudding. She used this recipe from BBC Good Food, and it was seriously lovely - definitely more of an indulgent puddingy cake than an everyday one, and it was absolutely delicious with ice cream. Mum thinks she'd drain the rhubarb more thoroughly next time, as it all ended up at the bottom of the cake, but then that's how it looks in the photo on the Good Food website as well, so I think it's fine. The sponge is incredibly moist, buttery and rich, so the tart pieces of rhubarb are perfect with it.
It was gorgeous straight from the oven, just as good cold the next day, and still perfectly lovely last night, so it lasts really well (if there's any left...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...