Wednesday 5 October 2011

WIAW - or rather, WIA-Sunday-and-Tuesday!

I really need to get better at this WIAW lark! This week I thought I'd ring the changes and give you a Sunday's worth of food - a particularly interesting Sunday, too, as I was down at my parents' house. However, having lovingly taken a photo of my Sunday morning breakfast...

 ...which was my usual porridge and grated apple with a cheeky drizzle of maple syrup, I then completely forgot to take photos of my lunch. If you're interested, it was a tuna sandwich! I then also completely forgot to take a photo of dinner, which was a lovely prawn stir-fry with loads of veg and rice. I did remember about pudding, though!

As I've mentioned, there's a bit of a glut of apples at home, and Mum and I decided to revive a favourite recipe from my childhood - fruit sponge. Amazingly it's made in the microwave, and it's lovely and light and fluffy. We made an apple compote, piled it into a Pyrex dish, spread the sponge topping over the fruit and microwaved it for about 12 minutes. And of course we had it with good old Bird's custard! I've asked my mum for the recipe, so I'll post that when I get it.

And then we move on to Tuesday! Breakfast was the same as Sunday but with no maple syrup, so you don't need a photo of that. For lunch, I went out with a colleague to a fantastic veggie restaurant just round the corner from the office.

They do an all-you-can-eat lunchtime buffet for £7.50 - that was my first plate, plus my carrot, apple and ginger juice, but I ended up having two helpings! There are all sorts of gorgeous things to choose from - here I think I've got some bean and avocado salad, raw broccoli salad with mushrooms and onion, stir-fried veg, a stuffed tomato and some of their incredible vegan carrot quiche thing.

After all of that, I wasn't particularly hungry in the evening, but I had a yummy bowl of stir-fried cabbage, courgette and mushrooms with a few prawns. I never used to eat prawns but I love them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...