Sunday 11 September 2011

Holiday lowdown...

So, I'm home after two gorgeous weeks in Portugal! I have a feeling tomorrow morning will come as a bit of a shock, given the fact that my daily routine has consisted of getting up at about 9am, having a leisurely breakfast outside in the sunshine, reading, shopping and lazing around.

I have quite a tan (unheard of for me!) and I even managed to get into swimming - only rubbish breaststroke, mind you, but I did at least half an hour's swimming a day, if not more! Unfortunately the sheer amount of food and wine I consumed outweighed the swimming (I honestly feel like I've put on about three stone!) but it was seriously lovely food and wine, and eating and drinking a vast amount is what being on holiday is all about, right?

And here are some of my favourite photos. I spent most of my time here...
...but we did occasionally venture out for the odd coastal walk in the evening...
...and to the old Moorish capital of the Algarve, Silves.
I also indulged in some traditional pasteis de nata...
...and there's always plenty of wildlife in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...