Tuesday 14 June 2011

Post-run feast...

I haven't posted much about running lately, and that's because it's been a bit rubbish lately! After our amazing half-marathon triumph, we've done a couple of 9.5-milers, but our times have been really quite embarrassingly disappointing. I think it's a combination of the weather being warm(ish) and the fact that I've been a little wrung-out and exhausted just recently.

But this evening we ran 7.5 miles (for the first time in ages) and despite it being a really warm and sunny evening (and you all know how much I hate running in anything approaching warm weather...) we managed 1:08, which is perfectly respectable. So I'm feeling a little bit better about the whole running thing. And after this evening's run, I made a fantastic (and enormous) salad with mixed leaves, some 'Sweetfire' marinated beetroot (39p in the reduced section in Tesco, what a bargain!) roasted broccoli, sweet potato and a yummy fried egg. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...