Saturday 25 June 2011

Peaches...

I've never really been a fan of stone fruit - I think it's the combination of the tough skin and the squishy fruit underneath. It's why I also don't like raw tomatoes. And the taste of peaches and nectarines and plums always underwhelms me, too - I'm expecting gorgeous, sweet, juicy fruit and half the time it's just dry and tasteless. But I'd heard that doughnut peaches (or Saturn peaches) were particularly sweet and delicious, so when I saw punnets of them on one of the fruit and veg stalls near work, I decided to give them a go.



And I'm happy to report that they are indeed lovely! They taste just like a peach should taste, and they're juicy and sweet. I have a feeling a doughnut peach Bellini would be incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...