Tuesday 8 February 2011

Frugal February...

I stumbled across the idea of Frugal February on Gemma's excellent Big Girls Browse blog. And, after the month or so I've had, it definitely appealed to me! I seem to have done nothing but spend money since Christmas - some of it justified, like spending money on a fabulous weekend visiting my sister, and buying a couple of new dresses and a new pair of jeans that actually fit me now I've lost weight, but I can't keep on buying things. I find it really easy to fall into the trap of spending money that I really shouldn't ('Oh, but it's in the sale! But I don't have a pair of blue shoes! But it's nearly spring, I'll need a few more dresses!') and I'm hoping that participating in Frugal February will help me rein in my shopaholic tendencies. For a while, anyway!

The rules are simple. For a month, starting today, I won't be spending any money on non-essential items. Food and drink don't count, obviously - although I will be trying to think more carefully about what I buy. Do I really need that bottle of wine? Do I really need to buy a whole load of things for dinner when there's pasta in the cupboard? And I'll buy toiletries and cosmetics - when I run out of what I already have.

If you want to join in, head over to Gemma's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...