Monday 22 November 2010

Baked eggs...



I'm really into tomatoey things at the moment - warming, slightly spicy tomatoey things packed with veg. Add a few chick peas and it's heaven on a plate! So this evening I decided to make baked eggs - I started off making a spicy ratatouille-type base with onion, courgette, aubergine, tomatoes, chick peas and some chilli and garlic. Then I put that into a warmed baking dish and cracked a couple of eggs in, and baked it all in the oven for about 20 minutes. The yolks were slightly overcooked - I could have taken it out maybe three or four minutes earlier - but I have a bit of an aversion to runny egg white and I didn't want to risk it! It was gorgeous, though - I'm absolutely stuffed and it's all good veg and protein!

3 comments:

  1. lovely casserole dish - adorable dots! and the food inside looks extremely tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, I followed you over from Biomouse's site. I have been watching Hell's Kitchen and they have some kind of baked egg dish. I have never seen it before, but I think I might enjoy it. I might make two different pans so that hubby could have it a bit runny and I could have it more firm. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yum! Yummy veg and protein. Man am I hungry now :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...